Read through some of our frequently asked questions below to find answers you need on topics ranging from firearms transfers to purchasing ammo for our many handguns and hunting rifles for sale. Not finding what you need? Contact the professionals at H&H Firearms today.

What is a FFL?

A FFL is a Federal Firearms License that is required for the retail sale and transfer of firearms. This also enables an individual or a company to engage in business pertaining to the manufacture of firearms and ammunition or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms. Holding an FFL to engage in certain such activities has been a legal requirement within the United States of America since the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Will H & H Firearms do an incoming firearm transfer?

Yes, we do firearm transfers. We will need to know where the firearm is coming from and there is certain information we will ask in order to make this happen. We will have to contact the company or person sending the firearm and provide them with a copy of our FFL. And, in turn, there is some information we will need to get from them. Sorry, we cannot give our FFL to the customer. We are required to provide it only to the person or company sending the firearm.

Browse our entire online inventory

ammo for sale online

How much is a gun transfer?

An FFL transfer is only $25.00. This also includes the background check that is required for all firearm sales or transfers.

How do I buy a firearm in Florida?

In order to buy a long-gun (shotgun or rifle with a barrel at a minimum of 16.5 inches) you must be at least 18 years old, have state or government issued proof of identification, and complete and receive an approval on the background form. After the approval you may take the long-gun with you after the purchase. You do not have to be a Florida resident to purchase a long-gun.

In order to buy a handgun over the counter (or a firearm with a barrel length shorter than 16.5 inches), the requirements are a little more stringent. You must be at least 21 years old, have state or government issued proof of identification, you must be a resident of Florida and you must be able to complete and receive an approval on the background form. If you have a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (normally called a Concealed Carry Permit) you may take the handgun with you after you complete the purchase and receive an approval on the background check. If you do not have a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License you will have to wait 3 business days not including the day of the purchase, weekends and/or holidays. For instance, if you purchase the gun on Wednesday; then Thursday is your first day. So, Thursday, Friday, don’t count Saturday or Sunday, then count Monday, so then your pick-up day would be Tuesday.

Exception: If you are not a resident of Florida and you wish to purchase a handgun, then we can ship the handgun to an FFL dealer in your state of residency. It is then up to that FFL dealer to enforce the rules of transfer for that state and any and all permit, background, training, etc., that is required by the laws of that state prior to releasing the handgun.

Note: All persons purchasing a firearm must be able to read and fill in the background form for themselves. This is a requirement by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, ATF.

If I am active duty military can I buy a firearm to include a handgun in Florida?

Yes, you can. Permanent party military is treated as a resident of the state for firearm purchases. You will need to provide a copy of your permanent party orders at the time of the purchase and then the same rules apply for either a long-gun or handgun purchase.

How old do I have to be to buy ammunition?

In order to buy handgun ammunition you must be at least 21 years of age. Rifle and shotgun ammunition is 18 years old. If the ammunition can be used for both long-guns and handguns then you must be at least 21 years old.

With any questions!

reloading supplies available

Does H&H Firearms buy guns or sell guns on consignment?

We do buy or allow trade in on some used guns. A lot depends on the condition of the gun being sold to us or that someone wants to trade in. We frequently sell guns on consignment. We will work together with the customer consigning the gun with us to figure out a fair market value and commission for the gun being sold.

glock certified
second amendment

web design by revive media services